Living Stones Core Values
- At Living Stones you don't have to pretend to be someone you're not and it's okay if you don't have it all together - none of us do.
- At Living Stones, you will find a safe environment to grapple with your brokenness amongst people who are being changed by the grace and mercy of Jesusthemselves.
Hebrews 10:24-25; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Corinthians12:25-27; James 5:16; Galatians 6:2
- At Living Stones, God's Word is the absolute authority for the individual life and for the church.
- At Living Stones, we strive to teach, preach, and live out the timeless truths and principles that are found in Scripture.
2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; Matthew 24:35; 2 Timothy 2:15
- At Living Stones, making disciples is about more than a class or a program. After all, Jesus called His disciples to "follow" Him - which meant that they would enter relationship together.
- At Living Stones, we want to be intentional about the relationships we have because it is those relationships that provide the context for true discipleship to take place.
Matthew 28:18-20; John 13: 34-35; Titus 2: 1-8; John 13:15; 1 Thessalonians 2:8
- At Living Stones, we recognize that when a person begins a relationship with Jesus, they will not remain the same. What starts on the inside will manifest itself on the outside!
- At Living Stones, life is not about pursuing some standard of external righteousness. Rather, life is a journey that is making us more like Jesus. As our knowledge of Jesus increases, our attitudes, behaviors, and motives will be transformed.
1 Samuel 16:7; Romans 5:3-5; 2 Peter 1:8-11; Proverbs 10:9; Matthew 5:48
- At Living Stones, prayer is not just a religious formality, but a literal conversation with the living Creator of the Universe!
- At Living Stones, prayer is an avenue through which we receive wisdom, guidance, help, and the perspective needed to help us navigate the everyday situations of life
.John 16:24; Acts 4:31; James 1:5-7; Acts 12:5; Luke 18:1-8
- At Living Stones, we recognize that serving others is one of the best ways that we can worship and serve God. Jesus was the epitome of servanthood, and we try to emulate His example through our interactions with others.
- At Living Stones, we are passionate about serving one another and the community around us.
Romans 12:1-2; Matthew 20: 26-28; Philippians 2:1-7; Mark 9:35 & 10:45